1. Grill Steak to medium well and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice Steak into
thin strips. Meanwhile heat a large frying pan over medium heat and sauté
onions in butter until golden brown. Remove onions and wipe pan clean
with paper towel.
2. Combine refried beans and green chilies together in a small bowl. Spread
bean mixture on one side of four tortillas. Put one tortilla bean side up in
hot pan. Spread ½ cup Marieke’s Cumin Gouda cheese evenly onto tortilla in
the pan (leaving a margin of an inch or so all the way around).
3. Top by laying ¼ of the steak over the cheese. Sprinkle ¼ of tomato and sautéed
onion over the steak.
4. Top off the quesadilla with a plain tortilla. Push down the whole stack with
your spatula gently.
5. When the bottom tortilla has browned, after about 1-1 ½ minutes, flip the quesadilla
over and grill the other side for the same length of time.
6. Remove the quesadilla from the pan (cover to keep warm), and repeat with remaining
tortillas until you have four whole quesadillas. Using a sharp knife or pizza
cutter, slice each quesadilla into wedges. Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole,
and salsa on the side.